Peace Officers Memorial Day
Written by Aria Hastings
Edited by Elora Garner
May 15th, 2014: Today, is when we celebrate the National Peace Officers Memorial Day and remember all of our law enforcement officers who have been killed in the line of duty. From the all the records maintained, a total of 20,000 U.S Law Enforcement Officers alone have been killed.
The San Andreas Sheriff's Department and the Los Santos Police Department will be holding a city wide memorial event for the fallen peace officers that have served and died within the line of duty. We also appreciate the fact that even the Los Santos Fire Department and the San Andreas Department of Corrections have lost members while on-duty, therefore they will be joining us in the event.
Friends and family of the downed police officers, together with citizens, are urged to take time out of their day to stop and watch, as the convoy rolls through the popular parts of Los Santos in memory of fallen deputies and officers. The ceremony will have these events in order:
- A parade of patrol cars and mounted officers through inner Los Santos, and finishing off at the cemetery in Temple.
- A meet and greet between families and members of the departments.
- A short speech given by the High Commissioned members within the attending departments.
- A 21-gun salute, fired by a number of selected officers and deputies.
- The engraving of the fallen deputies and officers on a memorial plaque.
Notice: We kindly request the citizens of San Andreas to not interfere with the proceedings and invite them to come and observe the ceremony. Providing consolation for your fellow brothers and sisters is important in our society and we solemnly await your attendance. If you cannot attend, please keep our deputies and officers in mind during the day of the ceremony.
Publication approved for public release by: